Finally a version for Blender 2.8 is here!
This add-on extends the functionally of Blenders native fill command, default mapped to the F key by adding context sensitive operations - all on the f key!
The functions that can be reached through the F key are:
- Make Edge/Face
- Grid Fill
- Bridge edge loops
1. Depending on your selection pressing F will toggle between different fill modes.
2. Selecting two edge loops and pressing F activates the bridge edge loops command, this also work when to faces are selected. Pressing F a second time will cap each face loop instead of creating a bridge.
3. After you have created a bridge between two edge loops you can now press down Ctrl +MMB scroll wheel to add more loopcuts, Shift +MMB scroll twists the result.
4. An option inside the settings has been added to display a popup dialog box in the 3d view once you press f. This will be changed in the coming version to a modal operator (text on the screen) that allows you to change settings.
5. Select two faces after your latest operation and instead of pressing F you can now repeat your latest values. repeating by default for the f key can also be activated in the preferences.
The add-on is fully compatible with the F2 add-on.
Keep in mind that the fill tool uses two different tools in one so a lot of time you will be forced to use the shift key and rotate you mouse to get the last portion of the filled hole correct.
You will get both files when you purchase this product.
smart_fill_1.2.3 is for Blender 2.7
smart_fill_1.3.2 is for Blender 2.8 and later.