A Blender addon that shows thumbnails for image texture nodes in the node editor.
Required OS: Windows 10 or Ubuntu 18.04/19.10
Required Blender version: 2.80 or 2.81
- High performance: Thumbnails are generated by a C++ worker thread in the background, the Blender UI stays fully responsive at all times
- Low memory usage: Each thumbnail takes up 265 KiB of graphics RAM (regardless of the size of the previewed texture). 100 thumbnails would use 25.6 MiB - a negligible amount.
- Supported image formats: jpg, png, hdr, exr, psd, tga, bmp, gif
- Cycles/Eevee nodes supported (Image Texture and Environment Texture)
- Octane nodes supported (Image Tex, Alpha Image Tex, Float Image Tex, Image Tile Tex, Instance Color Tex)
- No changes are made to the .blend, others without the addon can still open your scenes without problems
- High-resolution displays supported (works with Blender's resolution scale feature)
- Thumbnails are not displayed for packed images
- Thumbnails of image sequences are not updated when changing frames
- TIF images currently not supported
I am the author of the Blender addon for LuxCore. In 2014, I started working on Blender addons by contributing to the LuxRender addon. ImageNodePreview is my first commercial addon.