THE MOST REQUESTED FEATURES
For NPR and Expressive Artists!
ToonKit for Cycles is the In-House solution developed by Cogumelo Softworks for render NPR, PSR and Stylish Renderings with Cycles. For those that work with Anime, Technical, Arch Viz, Engineering and Expressive Art Toonkit for Cycles is just what you need.
What is the ToonKit For Cycles?
New Nodes for Cycles To Expand your Creativity!
The way that Cycles works today makes it unfeasible to work with NPR rendering. We implement many requested nodes that allow users make stylish renderings with cycles. Toonkit for Cycles is an add-on for Blender 2.79 and 2.8x (Released as experimental) that implement lots of new shader nodes (based on OSL Shaders) that are seamlessly integrated to Cycles and Blender.
Fast, Powerful, Interactive
Toonkit for Cycles is based on OSL shaders that are fully interactive and integrated in Cycles Node System and Blender’s Viewport. ToolKit shaders are Lightning Fast and most of they will converge to noiseless production quality image in only 32 samples!
Power To The Artists!
In Toonkit all node outputs are Colors , it includes Shadings, Shadows, and Specular that you can mix and operate as you wish. No more Mix Restriction for your creativity!
First Line Rendering For Cycles!
Toonkit for Cycles implements two fast and stable Line Rendering nodes for Cycles with controls of the influence of Normals, Depth, Object Id, Silhouette and Vertex Color.
Version 1.3 (Preview 1)
- For Blender 2.8x only
- Update System and UI redone from ground up for much better speed and usability
- EasyToon is now a complete Toon solution with Line Rendering
- New Lamp Shading that unify multiple nodes
- New Documentation
- First release to 2.8 (Experimental at this time)
- New Global Ambient Light
- New Penetration Mask and Multiblend nodes
- Initial Support to Render Farms (Embedded Shader Data)
- Many Fixes and Improvements
- EasyToon. A new easy to use, full light scene uber shader to cartoon and stylized rendering.
- New Full Light Workflow Nodes: Point Light, Directional Light, Scene Light, Directional and Point Specular
- Many improvements in the Light Info workflow and parameters
- New and improved Quality Presets
- New Options and Functions for Line Render. Now works with glass and reflection (limited as Space Screen Effects)
- Many UI improvements
- Many bug fixes and speed ups in shaders
Website with overview and complete documentation:
Yep! It support Baking for most of the nodes. The golden rule is that view dependent can produce some unexpected results. Line Rendering of course don't make sense in bake.
There's two known limitation for the line rendering node. They doesn't work with Ortogonal Cameras only perspective and you need to enable Clamp and setup a good value for it to make it work trough transparent objects.
Blender 2.8 is yet under heavy development and we're following it close. There's no showstopper to port it in future until now and of course we will do our best to port it when blender 2.8 was close to release.
Lightning fast! You just need about 32 samples to make an production quality image. We provide many presets of quality that you can control in the Toonkit Settings in render panel too.
No. Since OSL shaders are CPU only it do not support GPU rendering.
No. It extend Cycles with OSL nodes and some python nodes to implement NPR features.
Purchase this item to leave a review!