Mirage is a full suite for landscape and nature work in Blender. It currently supports terrain generation and tree distribution. This is an artist-oriented addon, built around a user-friendly GUI so you can focus on building your scene. All settings are simple to understand and fully documented.
Mirage requires Blender 2.75 or higher.
Beta for Blender 2.8 now available!
Creating terrains just got a lot easier. Working with the terrain panel is easy to understand, and easy to get good results. Try a terrain with different levels of detail to quickly check the major forms, or use them to bake low poly versions for games. Mirage will automatically create weight and color vertex groups for
Height, Slope and more. Use these to distribute trees, create materials and more. You can always (re)generate the vertex groups after editing or sculpting a terrain.
Heightmaps made easy
Export heightmaps from any terrain-like mesh or generate terrain objects from a heightmap image in one click. They will use the displace modifier so you can easily tweak them. Mirage will also UV Unwrap the terrain, and calculate Height and Slope Vertex Groups for you. Also supports STRM and Gridded Ascii files.
Procedural Terrains can also export heightmaps as images inside Blender. Exported heightmaps can also be split in multiple smaller images.
Fill the land
The new object distribution system makes it super easy to fill a terrain with trees, rocks, grass or any object (mesh) you want. You can now have multiple layers of objects, each with it's own settings. Each layer can cover a different area, use a specific mesh group as well as having their own scale
and density options. Try the different layer types to enable even more specific settings. Each layer can also be optimized for a specific camera, so you don't have to waste particles on objects that won't be seen.
Mirage can generate both high poly and low poly rock meshes in just one click. Rocks have a large number of settings to play with, and they can be automatically added to a distribution layer. You can also generate multiple rocks in one go, as well as bake them to a lower poly version.
The current version is 3.2
- Rocks and terrains now have default materials
- Terrain generation is now faster
- Vertex groups are generated only when needed and they are not converted to vertex color groups by default anymore
- Features are now called modifiers
- Diorama boxes are now separate objects, UV unwrapped and can have default materials with procedural textures.
- The straight edges settings has been moved into a new modifier: Diorama.
- The smooth edges setting was moved into slopes and the modifer was renamed "Smooth Falloff"
- The island edge setting was moved into its own modifier. The ocean object now has a default material and more settings.
Check the full changelog for more details
Mirage includes free updates for life. If the addon doesn’t work or you’re having any kind of trouble, send me an email and we’ll sort it out ASAP. If you’re still not satisfied you can get 100% of your money back.