FootRollBreak is an addon that enhance Rigify rigs, adding FootRollBreak feature on existing rigify rigs.
FootRollBreak let's your foot have a natural fold / unfold when you roll it.
Analysing movement a a foot during walk, we can see that a foot has a 3 pivot point movement.
Current Rigify has only a 2 pivot point system. Solution is to use footrollbreak :)
- Install FootRollBreak addon, and activate it.
- Select your rigify rig, and got to armature data properties. A new panel is there :)
- Patch your rig (works on both Human & Pitchipoy rigs)
- A new panel can be found on 3D View properties panels (N), near other rigify panels.
- That's it ! Enjoy :)
- FootRollBreak will remain enabled on your rig, even if you disable/remove the addon.
You can see a video with FootRollBreak in action here : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VjTjfofcdw
Read documentation of FootRollBreak!
How to install and activate FootRollBreak ?
- Go to User Preferences ( Ctrl + Alt + U ), Add-ons tab
- Click on "Install from File..."
- Choose the .zip file on your computer
- Activate the addon by enabling the checkbox.
- Your can now close User Préférences
How to patch your rig ?
- Make sure that you select your rigify rig (not the metarig, the real rig, after rigify generation)
- On Armature Properties, find the new panel "Rigify FootRoll Break Patch"
- Patch your rig by clicking on button "Patch FootRoll Break" (works on both Human & Pitchipoy rigs)
- Button is now replaced by a text "already patched!"
- Enter Edit Mode on armature, adjust new bone "toe-top" to define toe rotation pivot point.
- Back to pose mode.
How to use your new FootRollBreak feature ?
- FootRoll Break is Off by default. If you try to roll your foot, nothing happened.
- A new panel can be found on 3D View Properties
- Activate FootRollBreak (enable corresponding checkbox)
- Try to roll your again :
- At angle defined in parameter, your foot starts to take off, and your toes starts to unfold.
- At "angle max", defined in parameter, your toes are totally unfolded.
- In some uncommon cases, foot have some unnatural motion path. In that case, your case tweak "corrective angle" to have a better movement.
Current version works only on biped rigify (default Rigify Rigs for example), but doesn't work with one-leg rigs, or more-than-2-legs rigs.
- V1.0 (March 2016)
You found a bug ? You can report it
- by clicking on "Report a Bug", on addon preferences,
- or by contact me by email.
Want more ?
If you liked this addon, and want more addons on rigging & animation, donate !
If you want specific stuff, we can discuss about it by email.
No FAQ's found for this product.
Purchase this item to leave a review!