Before you purchase
Now you can get a free version and test the add-on.
What is the Flares Wizard ?
Flares Wizard is an add-on for creating realistic lens flares quickly and easily in Blender/Cycles.
Why I created this add-on?
It's sad that in a fantastic software like Blender with all its features we can't create decent lens flares.
That's why I decided to create something similar to Optical flares for Bender.
Do I need those "Lens flares"?
Lens flares are the light scattered in lens systems through generally unwanted image formation mechanisms, such as internal reflection and scattering from material inhomogeneities in the lens.
It's an effect that happen in real cameras, just like depth of field and chromatic aberration, in the world of CG we try to mimic those effects to add more realism. However, if used badly it may destroy a nice piece of art.
This effect is heavily used in the cinema industry, commercials, motion graphics...
- Real-time preview: Design and see the result in the 3D viewport.
- Super fast rendering: it needs only 1 sample!
- Custom presets: 23 presets in the first release and more to come.
- Save, load: you can easily save your creation and reuse it any time, or even share it.
- Non destructive workflow: once you create a lens flare, you will need the add-on just to edit it, you can even disable the add-on and the lens flare will still work, it's great for sharing your blends or sending it to a render farm ...
- Animation ready: The add-on generates an advanced rig to control the lens flares.
- Camera border detection: if the lens flare is no longer visible by the camera you can make it fadeout.
- Obstacles detection: when the lens flares is obscured by a 3D object it will disappear.
- Blinking : make the lens flare blink.
V 1.1.0 video demo
- Added an easier way to load a preset.
- Added an option for the lamp to copy the color of the flare.
- Fixed a bug: occur when changing the scale of the camera.
- a small fix to the obstacles detection, now works with Blender 2.77.
- The obstacles system is now much faster and accurate (since the version 1.1.2).
- Fixed a bug, causing artefacts when the target is very far away from the camera.
- Other small changes.
- NB: No backward compatibility.
- 9 New presets.
- Works with Blender 2.77 & 2.78
A big thank you to Mohammad Eideh for his help.
The Manual is included with the zip file.
No FAQ's found for this product.
Purchase this item to leave a review!