- Added support for B&W bump maps.
- Added option to isolate reflections for easier/faster shader tweaks.
- Corrected scatter radii.
- Better energy conservation with glossy layers.
- Corrected default values when appended to external .blend.
As featured in 3DArtist Magazine! Skin shaders are notoriously difficult to create such that they work well under different lighting situations, and between different characters. This shader is a Sum of Gaussians shader based on research released at SIGGRAPH 2013 by Sony Pictures Imageworks, and in GPU Gems 3. Included is the incredibly accurate Sum of Gaussians skin shader, as well as full, high-quality PDF documentation. The shader has been tweaked for optimal performance for realistic rendering, but is general enough to be used for cartoon-y characters as well. Who should buy this shader:
- Artists looking for a simple “set it and forget it” skin shader
- Artists looking the the maximum level of skin accuracy
- Artists looking to learn more about complex shader networks
What other artists have to say about the skin shaders: " Using Matt's skin shader lets artists do what artists do: focus on the art, rather than getting consumed with the technical specifics of creating convincing skin." - Jonathan Williamson, CG Cookie "Most people don't have the time or skills to create a hyper-real skin shader, never mind a reusable one. Not only is Matt's shader ridiculously realistic, but the controls are so simple and intuitive. I can definitely see myself using this for all of my future projects; it's well worth the investment." - Greg Zaal, Bugbox Animation "Not only do Matt's skin shaders look fantastic, but they're also fast, easy to use, and elevate Blender above the competition!" - Joseph Harford, ArtforGames Want both skin shaders? They are available as a package deal for 25% off!