Cuber is developed for a fast and intuitive use of the intersect (boolean/knife) feature in Blender's edit mode. This gives artists looking to give their poly modeling a boost whether they're using subd or non-subd surfaces more freedom and control in creating shapes. By creating a list of unique bevel weight values used in the work mesh Cuber lets you easily manage the bevel effects assigned to the edges of the work mesh, this along with the bevel weight slider function which operate in real time tied to a bevel modifier parameter setup and the capture sharp feature to quickly select the sharp edges gives you a better workflow when creating high resolution hard surface assets. The add-on also lets you bake the hi-res bevel segments roundness to a low res version of the mesh using much less bevel segments allowing for a lighter scene and quicker renders.
Download the PDF guide here for detailed information on each of the functions in the add-on.
Watch the Demo Video pt 1.
Subscribe to my Youtube channel for future demos and tuts of the add-on.
- Take advantage of Difference, Union, Cut and Intersect operations to quickly generate shape and detail anywhere on the 3d mesh without having to manually draw topology.
- Quickly assign and remove bevel strengths on any selected edge and instantly see the bevel modifier effect in edit or object mode.
- Great control on sharpening edges to get rid of shading distortions in ngon faces when beveling.
- Take advantage of draw based cutters in object and edit mode.
- You can create low res and hi-res versions of the same hard surface models.
- Save copies of your work mesh by creating "snapshots" which you can easily select and go back to.
- Interactive symmetry operators for faster mirroring.
- Easily manage and view the "cuber" mesh using Isolate and Highlight.
- Quickly assign viewport material colors which you can bake to vertex colors for a faster method of conceptualization.
Be sure to use the latest Blender buildbot version: Download Blender
Pie Menu Hotkey
ALT+X in 3d View
Can be changed in user preferences.
How to install
Extract the .py file from the .zip folder and copy to add-ons folder.
All necessary instructions to operate the tools is contained within the Youtube tutorial. All proceeding updates will have video demos as well. See the video tutorial here...
No FAQ's found for this product.
Purchase this item to leave a review!