When I first created this collection, my homework was done. But now, I just outdid myself to create what we can honestly call the ultimate procedural gemstone collection for CYCLES.
After working on 3D flaws and inclusions in diamonds on a render that got featured, I decided that it was time to create an outstanding colored gemstones collection, and achieve it by procedural means... The result is here. As I explain in the tutorial, some gemstones do have some underlying geometry to provide the best looking results, I think you will agree. All the rest is node based. I used the real world INDEX of REFRACTION for each mineral, and the result is here to speak. RENDERS in CYCLES.
- DIAMOND and BLACK DIAMOND with inclusions and dispersion.
- CORUNDUM: ruby, sapphire and colored sapphires.
- BERYL: Emerald, Aquamarine, Morganite, Heliodor with inclusions.
- TOPAZ: Yellow, blue and pink.
- TOURMALINES: multi-color, double refraction, inclusions and tubular effect.
- GARNET: Almandine, Hessonite and Demantoid.
- QUARTZ: White, Citrine, Amethyst, Smoky and Rose.
- OPALS: set for light and black opals.
- LAPISLAZULI with pyrite and dirt inclusions.
- ONYX: black.
- AGATE: multicolor.
- TURQUOISE with pyrite and dirt inclusions.
- OBSIDIAN: arrow shaped.
- MOTHER of PEARL.
- CORAL: red.
Nodes are grouped/organized to make tweaking easier for each material. Some gemstones have several materials and geometry to create the right sets of colors, flaws and inclusions.
I specially loved creating this collection, it will work wonders for your gemstones, sculptures, characters, objects, jewellery and more!
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||9 months ago|
|Software Version||2.8, 2.81, 2.82, 2.83, 2.9, 2.91|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message