Physically based cloth uber-shader
If you ever created characters, furniture, curtains, car interiors etc., you probably know that achieving a good fabric look is quite difficult. Not only you have to find good tileable texture online, but you also need to simulate correct appearance of the fabric which cannot be achieved with simple mix of diffuse and glossy shaders. So what I want to offer you is an uber-shader, made specifically for achieving believable fabric look. The shader is done after careful study and own implementation of many articles about the subject. 13 presets of most used in the prodcution materials should cover your needs in almost any project.
- 13 easy to use presets
- Physically correct reflectance and roughness models
- Modular node tree need for simple control
- 3 types of bump to simulate appearance of real fabric (bump along threads, bump across threads and uniform bump)
- 23 different weaving patterns
- Sample scene with 3 different fabric pieces to test materials
Advanced version also includes procedural effects modules (distortion, color variation, fuzz, ageing, thickness variations, stripes, dust)
- Carbon fibers
- Old rag
Last update: 05.12.2015. Cleaning up unnecessary nodegroups.