Create extrusion effects that have configurable bevel effects on the base, corners and tops.
Good for creating smooth recesses or protrusions:
You may also like....
- Twisted Extrude: Create a twisted extrusion effect that is useful for quickly creating curled geometry like pipes, and tendrils.
- ZigZag Extrude: Create a jagged extrusion effect that is useful for quickly creating piping, steps, and ribbed patterns. You can also bend and move the extrusion.
Version 1.53: Blender 3+
Updated for Blender 3.0+: Removed optional manual mode and updated menu access.
Version 1.4.0: Blender 2.8 Beta
I have now upgraded the add-on for 2.8 beta and put it ready for download alongside the 2.7 version. You will be able to tell the 2.8 zip file version because it ends in 2.8! I'll be updating the documentation once 2.8 becomes the main Blender release.
Blender 2.8 is still in beta, so if you have any problems with the add-on let me know.
I've taken the time out from other projects to add some updates:
- Updated interface: As well as new options I have refreshed the user interface to reduce clutter:
- Edge Weight Mode: There is a new mode that changes the Bevel Weight of edges, which can be used with the Bevel Modifier to make the operation less destructive:
Keyboard & mouse shortcuts in interactive mode: Lots of new keyboard shortcuts introduced to make the Interactive Mode quicker:
Use the mouse wheel to either:
- Change the overall number of segments for the extrusion.
- In Weight mode, change the overall bevel weights on the edges and corners of the extrusion.
- Use the mouse wheel to either:
Use the following keyboard shortcuts along the top of the keyboard:
- Q: Increase Top bevel amount or weight.
- A: Decrease Top bevel amount or weight.
- W: Increase Corner bevel amount or weight.
- S: Decrease Corner bevel amount or weight.
- E: Increase Base bevel amount or weight.
- D: Decrease Base bevel amount or weight.
- R: Increase bevel taper amount.
- F: Decrease bevel taper amount.
- T: Change the mode of the bevel between Amount and Weight mode.
- G: Toggle on/off smoothing.
- Use the following keyboard shortcuts along the top of the keyboard:
Some minor updates:
- Extrude Individual faces option: This will allow you to extrude individual faces and not just by a group of faces:
- I have added small step control to the parameters, so that when controlling the parameters with your mouse you will have smoother control.
I have now added an interactive mode to Bevelled Extrude, which is an additional option to the standard extrusion where you can now use the mouse to move the extrusion in or out:
Keyboard shortcut and Menu locations
You can access the option in several ways. I have attached the Interactive mode to the comma (,) keyboard shortcut, and I have also added both options to the Mesh -> Extrusion sub-menu, accessible by pressing Alt-E. This was based on a user's suggestion (Thanks Yury):
Here is a short video explaining the update:
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||almost 6 years ago|
|Blender Version||3.0, 3.1, 3.2, 3.3, 3.4, 3.5|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message