Auto-Rig Pro is a set of tools to rig characters, retarget animations, and provide Fbx export for Unity and Unreal Engine.
Before rating it: If you encounter any bugs please report it. Sometime a new Blender version makes something buggy, or some special cases may be hard to predict, we're just humans! So please report it, and be assured you'll receive support/bugfix quickly. Updates are free and will remain free. Thanks for your understanding. Also make sure to read the FAQ and the documentation below.
Getting Started with Auto-Rig Pro:
Prerequisite: If possible, use water-tight geometry for best auto-skinning results. Knowing the bases of Blender's skinning tools, weight painting, to fine tweak the bones influences is recommended.
Due to recent API changes, Blender 2.78c is required, 2.79 is recommended.
Rig fast with the Smart feature
Position the reference bones so that they match your character proportions. To speed up this process, the smart tool will automatically try to find the body parts locations for you (bipeds only so far). Then, edit the result if needed (if your character is not a biped/ or for more accuracy), eventually place the facial bones and other extra limbs, and generate the final rig. Based on a non-destructive workflow, the armature remains easily editable anytime after the generation. Check the product documentation and the youtube channel for more informations.
Customize the rig definition in a few clicks: fingers, toes amount, spine bones, tail, breasts, ears, duplicate or remove limbs to rig spiders, centaurs, or whatever!
Video tutorial, rig a centaur with the multi-limb feature: Centaur Rig
The picker panel dynamically updates, so you can select any bone from the separate panel easily.
Intuitive tool to edit the bone shapes, with automatic mirror:
Customizable UI: fully editable layout, buttons positions, colors, background pictures...
The Remap feature allows retargetting of any armature action to another one, with different bone names and bone orientations, supporting imported .bvh/.fbx armatures for example. It's universal: works with Auto-Rig Pro, Rigify, custom rigs... Define the source armature, the target armature, and the animation will retarget according to the bones names matches and bones original orientation.
It support IK feet, hands for accurate motion tracking, and an interactive offset tool to remap to different characters proportions.
Additionally, to animate over a motion capture action on an additive layer, check the additive keyer addon (free)!
Game Engine Export
Auto-Rig Pro allows export to FBX format via a dedicated module, to proven engines such as Unity or Unreal Engine, and probably others not yet tested. Shape keys are transferred as well.
Three export types: Universal to export a simplified bones hierarchy for any creature, Humanoid for bipeds only, with options for easy retargetting and root motion, and Generic to export the deforming bones and the non-deforming ones if they are parent of the deforming bones.
- Twist bones included in option
- Unit conversion to initialize the scale transforms to 1.0 in Unity and Unreal
- Unreal Mannequin bones hierarchy and naming in option
- Full facial, and advanced bones such as tweak bones
- Actions baked on the simplified rig
- Selective action export
Bring your poses to the next level!
The additive weights controllers offer a unique control over the pose. Located all along the limbs, they've been developed using an innovative system to operate on a second layer of deformation, for fine pose sculpting, cartoon effects, bending, stretching, etc. Two deformations mode in option: Additive (exportable to FBX) and Bendy Bones.
Just use them instead of corrective shape keys, or as a complement. Below a typical leg bent before and after tweaking the secondary controllers.
Tell Me More!
Extensive list of what the addon has to offer:
- Automatic bone placement solver based on mesh recognition for bipeds characters. Asymmetrical models supported.
- Edit Reference Bones feature to modify the rig anytime you want. No need to redo everything if a bone is not where you want it to be.
- Modular: only use what you need. Choose the number of fingers, toes, add optional tail, ears, breasts. Duplicate or remove limbs to rig multi-peds creatures.
- Fingers auto-rotation option: bend when scaling the first phalange
- Easy controller shape edition
- Bone picker: Can be turned on/off, import/export presets. Customizable.
- Colors customization
- Cartoon compliant: Stretchy spine, legs, arms...
- IK-FK snap with autokey working, and snaps properly when unlocking all the leg/forearm rotation axis
- IK-FK controllers auto hide
- Hybrid IK pole / IK arrow vector
- Knees and elbows pinning
- Head rotation locked or free
- Bend all fingers in one click (fingers grasp), fist pre-defined pose, auto rotation of fingers phalanges from scale
- IK/FK eyes
- Auto-eyelid rotation
- Multiple Child-Of constraints support for the IK hands and feet to change their parent space any time (e.g. if the character is driving a car, hands on the wheel, then grab the car door)
- Complete set of secondary controllers for fine pose sculpt
- Advanced facial setup with automated placement
- Improved skinning based on Blender's heatmaps. Auto-splitting of multiple elements. Compliant with the Voxel Heat Diffuse Skinning addon.
- Shape keys drivers creation tool
- Game engines support, FBX: Unity - Unreal Engine. Generic, Humanoid and Universal rig type
- Bone remapper to retarget any armature action to another one, with different bone names and bone orientations. IK support. BVH, FBX files compliant, e.g. Mixamo animations.
- Compliant with X-Muscle System for realistic muscles simulation
- By buying this addon you support my work and the Blender foundation, its developers financially. A part of each sale is donated to them. It's worth a big thank you from the open source community, helping Blender remaining free and accessible for everyone! And obviously you ensure the funds for this addon next new features, bugfix. I'm making my best to constantly improve the beast, based on users requests and my own ideas. Have quick look at the release log below. You receive a notification when the addon is updated, and download it for free.
Make sure to uninstall the current addon before installing the new one and restart blender.
Fbx export: Multiple shape keys actions is now supported when baking actions. One rule to follow though: the bones driving the shape keys must be exported with the same name. Then, it's best to create a new custom bone to this end, for example named "cc_facial_shapes", to make sure its name won't change at export time because of the humanoid bone names or Unreal renaming (e.g. "c_spine_01" is renamed "spine_01.x").
Fbx export: Added the "Smoothing" parameter to choose between Normal, Face and Edge smoothing.
Fbx export: The hidden objects are no more exported, even if they're linked to the armature (more intuitive behavior).
Refactored the "x100 Units" code to better handle multiple Child Of constraints set by users. x100 Units + mirror modifiers merge limit is now scaled accordingly
The secondary eyelids bones are no more additive. They now deform on the main armature, for 1-1 Fbx export weights compatibility. Click Update Armature to update the old rigs, warning: this can change the eyelids weights.
Patched the wrong bones rotation issues. This is however a temporary solution, waiting for a better fix from the official Blender's developer/Fbx export maintainers.
Smart: If the detection fails because of markers positionned out of the mesh by the users, it now restores the scene state afterward
Fbx export: Added a Push Drivers option to export shape keys, when x100 units is on. Useful when properties instead of bones are driving the shape keys values, to get correct values export.
Remap: New Auto Pole feature to align the IK pole based on the foot orientation, instead of finding its position based on the IK chain orientation. It's meant to give better results for legs, knees IK poles, when the input armature has noisy, inaccurate legs animation.
Remap: Added a "Freeze Source Armature" feature, in case the armature object itself is animated, wich is not supported when retargetting. The button pop up when selecting an animated source armature in the input field. It removes the armature animation while preserving the bones animation.
Smart: Thick fingers detection improved
Smart: Improved asymmetrical support. Now with mirror disabled, the spine root, neck and chin markers can now be placed outside of the center. However, the smart facial detection still requires mirror to work for now, asymmetrical support to do later.
Fbx export: Added a check in case of unset armature modifiers
Skin: Models with mirror modifier was not generating the mirrored side eyelids vertex groups when binding
Smart facial detection could lead to incorrect eyeball center
The picker can now be generated/deleted on demand
The picker can also be exported/imported, to save/use an existing picker layout.
The Set UI Cam tool now performs better
Cosmetic change, the picker buttons in the Misc tab have been grouped together for better clarity.
Remap: Non-mapped bones now do not break the Copy Selected Target Bones process, they're simply skipped.
Japanese language was broken when binding
Unparent meshes when unbinding to prevent transforms issues with scaled parents
Smart: With mirror disabled, the right fingers roll was incorrect
First Auto-Rig Pro release!
No FAQ's found for this product.
Purchase this item to leave a review!