What is Quick Rig?
IMPORTANT: Quick Rig is an extension for the Auto-Rig Pro addon, it means Auto-Rig Pro must be purchased and installed first (the latest version is preferred for compatibility purposes.)
Don't waste your time re-rigging already rigged characters anymore!
Quick Rig turns rapidly any skeleton + mesh into a full Auto-Rig Pro armature with controllers ready for animation, including weights preservation, IK-FK generation, animaton support.
Built to support the vast majority of character skeletons, even non-standard bones axes.
How it works:
See the video demo.
- Add limbs: select the first bone of a limb (e.g. the shoulder for the arm), then click the + button to add a limb
- Ensure the limbs settings are correct: blanks are filled with correct bones, and bones axes are properly set. These settings are automatically set when adding the limb, but depending on the skeleton complexity they may be incorrect sometimes.
- Choose Preserve or Convert mode. Preserve keeps the existing armature untouched while binding it to the rig controllers only, while Convert will generate a full Auto-Rig Pro armature compliant with all Auto-Rig Pro editing and exporting tools
- Click Quick Rig! to generate the final rig
- To try other settings, click Revert to go back to the base skeleton
- Preserve and Convert mode, to preserve the base skeleton as it is or convert it to a complete Auto-Rig Pro armature for more advanced editing tools.
- Constraints retargetting (some limitations apply)
- Shape keys drivers retargetting
- Auto-detection of the selected bone type for quick limb setup
- Animation support, the skeleton animation is baked to the control rig in option
- Import and export custom mapping preset files
- Built-in mapping presets: Realillusion Character Creator, DAZ, Human Generator, Mixamo, Unreal Mannequin, VRoid...
Supports the following limbs:
- Spine: from 2 to 6 spine bones
- Head: neck (optional), head bone. Up to 10 neck bones.
- Leg: thigh, calf, foot, toes bone. With optional twist bones and "3 bones leg" settings for extra thigh bones, for quadrupedal creatures
- Arm: shoulder (optional), arm, forearm, hand and finger bones (optional). With optional twist bones. 3 or 4 phalanges per finger (with or without metacarps).
- Orphan bones support: even bones that are not part of the standard limbs definition (facial bones, unusual twist and tweak bones, bones for clothes and props...) are inserted in the rig hierarchy automatically, to ensure *all* bones are included in the final rig properly.
- Custom shape drawing options for orphan bones.
- Automatic leg and arm angle correction if bones are perfectly straight, to avoid IK direction issues
- Neck with optional automatic twist rotation
- Weight Overrides: If the skeleton is special, use weight overrides to ensure to set correct skinning weight matches, by manually setting the correct bone weight for a given bone.
Although the tool is quite complete, some limitations apply that may be lifted in future versions:
- 2 twist bones max supported for arms and legs(4 in total, 2 arm + 2 forearm)
- Multiple heads or multiple spines not yet supported
- Facial head bones not yet supported as Auto-Rig Pro facial bones, however they're supported as default controllers for now
- Animation remapping support
- IK/FK default for arms and legs
- "Advanced Skeleton" preset
- Custom axis for straight IK arm chains correction
- Blender 3.0 compatible - fixed additional issues with Blender 3.0
- Allows agnostic prefix preset
- Support of multiple characters per file
- Shape Keys drivers of orphan bones can now be retargetted to the control rig to keep them working
- Controller shapes of locked rig can now be edited
Ghost orphan bones from from previous sessions
- Incorrect bones orientation with armatures having non-zeroed out transforms
- Reverting was missing armature modifiers
- New "Preserve" mode to keep the source skeleton untouched, but attached to an Auto-Rig Pro skeleton.
Using this mode will lock the ARP rig from edition, but the original skeleton can be edited (separate armature)
- New "Copy Constraints" setting for orphan bones, to copy orphan bones constraints to controller bones.
Bones with ChildOf constraints are handled with automatic hierarchy sorting for correct matrix inverse settings
Note: may not work 100% properly under certain complex circumstances, such as constraints with non-orphan bones as target
- New Human Generator V2 preset (Thanks Luciano for contributing)
- Custom presets can now be added in the preset list
- When importing and exporting presets, the window file browser now filters .py extensions only
- Root and first spine bone at same position was leading to an error
- Fixed compatibility with Auto-Rig Pro Light
- Support 3 bones leg
- Support up to 10 neck bones
- Meshes are now automatically parented to the ARP armature
- VRoid preset
- VRoid (CATS) preset
- New "X-Ray" setting to display the rig controllers in front of other objects
- New "Ignore Root" setting to remove the root bone from the rig
- Refactor and resolve errors with orphan bones generation, names conflict
- The automatic IK bones alignment was broken
- Automatic knee alignment for best results with IK legs
- Force the foot bone head position to match the calf bone tail position in option
- DAZ preset
- Human Generator Preset
- More correct global rig scale
- Option to clear existing limbs when importing a new preset
- Incorrect hands and fingers rotation (and possibly others) if the armature object had non zeroed-out transforms
- Name conflict errors when using Quick Rig with exported ARP armatures, or multiple limbs of the same type
- Import preset error
- Auto-Knee not working in certain circumstances
- Orphan bones were not properly parented in some cases
- Handle case where pelvis bone is inverted, leading to null length
- Toes bone is now optional
- Fingers roll issue
- Crash when another addon was enabled
- New mixamo import preset
- Show an error message if the preset could not be loaded because of different bone names
- Missing fingers inputs was leading to an error
- Import preset could fail
- Various other fixes not listed
- Initial Release
|Dev Fund Contributor|
|Published||over 1 year ago|
|Software Version||2.9, 2.91, 2.92, 2.93, 3.0, 3.1, 3.2|
Have questions before purchasing?
Contact the Creator with your questions right now.Login to Message