Photorealistic ABS Plastic Materials
Designed with the classic LEGO® brick in mind, these premium ABS plastic materials are perfect for any brick or other plastic toy render. The materials are physically accurate down to the scratches, dust, and fingerprints, and look great in any lighting condition.
If you want to make adjustments to the materials, there are plenty of exposed parameters for you to tune to your needs. Adjust color randomness, roughness (mix 2 roughness values), reflectivity, fingerprints and dust, scratches, and much more. Creating your own ABS Plastic colors is as easy as changing the diffuse color!
NEW in Version 2.0 – The materials ship with an addon adding sliders to the Material settings menu, allowing you to control the amount of subsurface scattering, reflection, fingerprints/dust, and scratches/bumps for all of the materials at once.
Works Seamlessly with Bricker
We're proud of our work on Bricker – an addon for blender that converts any 3D mesh, animation, or simulation into a 3D brick sculpture/simulation – and we want to provide the most efficient workflow for turning those into awesome 3D renders in cycles. So, naturally, we designed this plugin to work seamlessly within the Bricker interface. If the materials aren't already imported into your project, you'll find a handy 'Import' button right where you need it in the materials tab in Bricker!
Includes LEGO Color Palette
ABS Plastic materials comes packed with 36 materials based on the official LEGO molding color palette. Every common brick color is included, along with special/rare colors including Gold, Bright Light Orange, and Trans-Reddish Orange. If the color you need isn't included, simply create your own by changing the diffuse color and tuning the exposed parameters to your liking!
See the full list of included colors below:
Version 2.1.0 – 3/26/19
- Bricker now supports Blender
2.80with backwards compatibility to
- Added support for EEVEE realtime render engine!
- Major speed improvements (up to 100x faster)
- ABS Plastic color values are now rendered in the Viewport solid view!
- Added ability to exclude transparent/uncommon colors from the ABS Plastic Materials import
- Added the ability to control the quality of the UV texture to improve memory usage
- Added per-object randomness slider for the ABS Plastic Material colors
- Addon file size greatly reduced (3x smaller)
- Fixed a bug that caused Blender to crash for some users
- Completely redesigned materials with dozens of improvements:
- Proper roughness and fresnel for added realism
- Redesigned bump and specular maps with real fingerprints and dust
- Improved node tree organization with a much cleaner interface
- Scratches, bumps, and brick colors are now procedurally generated
- Reduced memory usage by 10X (yep, that's 1000% less memory used)
- Tested and tweaked every value to achieve perfect photorealism
- New controls in Materials > ABS Plastic Materials tab for controlling amount reflection, subsurface scattering, fingerprints/dust, and bumps/scratches for all materials
- Imported materials are now saved as data-blocks automatically so that they're available every time you open your project (this can be disabled with a check box in the ABS Plastic Materials tab)
- Bug fixes (some diffuse and specular maps were missing).
- Auto-updater added for convenient updating within blender's interface!
- Added 'Replace Existing' option in user preferences for overwriting existing files in blender project
- Added 11 new colors!
- Bright Light Orange
- Dark Brown
- Dark Tan
- Sand Blue
- Sand Green
- Trans-Yellowish Clear
- Trans-Light Blue
- Trans-Reddish Orange
- Improved support for Rebrickr
- Various fixes and improvements
Version 1.0.0 - initial release